Features “above the horizon” viewing for greater coverage with easier mounting
FRESNO, Calif. (Sept. 11, 2018) – Pelco™ by Schneider Electric, a global leader in intelligent video surveillance solutions, has released the Spectra Professional IR – a rugged camera ideal for transportation, city surveillance, airports, seaports, and commercial markets. The SpectraProfessional IR features “above the horizon” viewing capability providing greater coverage of bridges, overpasses, and building exteriors without mounting additional cameras. The camera also provides built-in IR illumination on areas of interest such as roadways, ports, parking lots and building perimeters up to 150 meters away offering a solution for customers who are frustrated with the inability of typical PTZ cameras to capture key image details in poorly lit environments.
“With extensive research and development, Pelco has honed the technology to capture critical details in low light situations,” said Todd Dunning, Sr. Product Manager. “Spectra Professional IR also features a bubble-less design, a new feature to Pelco’s line of surveillance technology.”
Spectra Professional IR Benefits
Assuring coverage of large areas, the Spectra Professional IR camera is designed for use in round-the-clock surveillance. Key features include:
- Lookup: The Spectra Professional IR can view 15 degrees above the horizon that enables customers to see areas that are difficult to view when using typical mounting locations including bridge supports and cables, higher floors of commercial buildings as well as ships at a distance from the seaport.
- Outstanding Image Quality in Poorly Lit Areas: Primarily used for outdoor applications with poor lighting conditions, the IR technology allows operators to see details up to 150 meters away, where external visible lighting is not wanted or is unavailable. The technology also provides control of the illumination intensity and exposure in the camera; enabling people and vehicles to be tracked with clarity wherever they move in the field of coverage, near or far.
- Smart Compression Technology: Featuring H.265 and Pelco’s Smart Compression technology, the Spectra Professional IR lowers bandwidth and storage requirements between 30 and 70 percent, depending on the amount of motion in the scene, especially important for 24×7 surveillance.
- Digital Image Stabilization: Reducing blurring associated with camera motion, this feature allows the camera to maintain a smooth image ideal for surveilling areas affected by high vehicle traffic or strong winds like bridges and light poles.
- Simple Installation: Using only one wire to connect, the Spectra Professional IR comes with three power options and an embedded hinge design, making it easy to connect to and providing greater flexibility during installation.
- Full Integration with Pelco’s VideoXpert and Leading ONVIF-Compliant Video
Management Systems (VMS): Seamlessly presented in video management systems allowing operators to easily track objects moving in the scene and zoom in for greater detail.
The Spectra Professional IR is available to ship today. A video featuring the Spectra IR Professional camera can be viewed here. For more information about how Pelco is meeting today’s security and surveillance challenges, visit www.securityinsights.pelco.com or follow Pelco on Twitter (@PelcoVideo).
About Pelco™ by Schneider Electric
Pelco™ by Schneider Electric is a global leader in professional video surveillance and security system products and technologies with a local presence in 136 countries and over 1,500 channel partners worldwide. Our personal engagement with customers, resellers and technology partners drives the development and deployment of surveillance and security solutions with meaningful innovation. It’s the foundation that Pelco has built its brand upon for over 25 years.