Any executive accountable for enabling the efficient and effective governance of cybersecurity risks will invariably agree that during compliance and risk projects, manual processes waste time and resources. Automated platforms are available, but it is not uncommon to hear of frustration with the time, level of effort, and cost associated with integrating IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) platforms.
Users agree that what is needed is a way to automate and speed up IT GRC activities while at the same time making them more impactful, efficient, and useful. The ability to easily demonstrate a security program’s agility and success using credible data would be a welcome relief to the users of many of the modular, or even homegrown, platforms in use today.
As part of our effort to discover the latest in GRC solutions, we spoke with Ethan Bresnahan, Marketing Manager at CyberSaint Security. CyberSaint’s CyberStrong Platform seamlessly unites all GRC activities to support a holistic, all-in-one integrated risk management strategy.
CyberSaint provides some benefits that many risk managers should be pleased to consider as a solution for their challenges. The top differences include:
- 100% out-of-the-box functionality – There are no modules to add and integrate.
- DFARS SP NIST 800-171 built into the platform – These cybersecurity requirements for primes and subcontractors are no longer voluntary, and DoD audits, coupled with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) will require all companies conducting business with the DoD to be certified by a third party.
- The ability to operationalize any risk framework – Maps to NIST, FEDRAMP, DIARMF, ISO27001, and others.
Discussing CyberSaint’s unique ability to provide granular data tailored for the consumption of business leaders, Ethan said, “Our novel approach allows a CISO, for example, to manage, measure, and report on cybersecurity as a logical business function. They can eliminate confusion about unknown security risks, priorities, and ROI.
“There is both risk and compliance baked into the control level. There is a risk assessment for each control using NIST SP 800-30 methodology. This approach provides unparalleled data granularity.
“Because of that granularity, the insights that the platform extracts and presents are far more credible. It is a much more transparent way of risk quantification than legacy platforms that produce a score or number with no clear idea or understanding of what that number means in context.
“A CISO can clearly communicate an integrated risk management strategy to the Board of Directors with Governance Dashboards, and assure them that they’re building a secure foundation for business growth.”
He said, “Our product, CyberStrong, helps organizations improve resiliency while rapidly driving business value, using greater intelligence for faster insights, leading to smarter decisions and meaningful action.”
CyberSaint Security focuses on the five functionalities they see as critical:
- Digital Risk Management – Manage risk confidently with scalability and flexibility that keeps their users up to speed with digital transformation and the evolving risk landscape.
- IT Risk Management – Protecting infrastructure with actionable threat intelligence, risk quantification, and optimized plans that provide the lowest cost, highest impact path towards stated goals.
- Vendor Risk Management – Automate the standardization of security and risk assessments, risk quantification, business impact analyses, and reporting across third parties, partners, and vendors to uncover unknown risks.
- Compliance Management – Get visibility into their posture projected across standards, eliminate manual effort across assessments, and focus on automated plans that will lower risk.
- Audit Management – Give auditors the exact information they’re looking for with audit-ready reports and optimized remediation plans that require no human effort to produce.
It is undoubtedly arguable that what often turns out to be layers upon layers of regulation are quickly becoming a heavy burden for many companies. Finding a way to simplify GRC activities is well worth the required investment of time and energy. The results could pay significant dividends, and CyberSaint is one solution that warrants a close look.
Steven Bowcut is an award-winning journalist covering cyber and physical security. He is an editor and writer for Brilliance Security Magazine as well as other security and non-security online publications. Follow and connect with Steve on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.