Organizations today are increasingly concerned with identity-related breaches as attackers have become more sophisticated in their tactics. To meet this challenge, Rezonate has developed a unique identity-centric security approach that provides proactive measures to protect organizations from the most advanced threats.
The non-profit Identity Defined Security Alliance (IDSA) has recently reported on the growing epidemic of security breaches resulting from stolen or compromised identities. The report is based on a survey of 500 US identity and security professionals and presents a grim picture of the current state of digital security.
According to the report, a staggering 84% of the professionals surveyed had experienced a security breach related to identity theft in the past year. This alarming statistic highlights the urgent need for better identity-centric security solutions.
Furthermore, the report also notes that most of the respondents (78%) reported that identity breaches directly impacted their businesses. This means that the consequences of these breaches are not limited to individual victims but also extend to the wider economic ecosystem.
Identity Threat Detection and Response (ITDR) is a new security discipline designed to protect identities and the systems that manage them. ITDR focuses on detecting and preventing credential and privilege account abuse and other identity-related threats. Rezonate’s ITDR platform works with automation and response time to defeat over 50 different attack techniques, ultimately lowering the risk exposure for organizations.
“Managing identities has grown increasingly complex with multiple security controls, cross-vendor journeys, and tens of thousands of real-time activities to track and correlate, leading to situations exploited by attackers,” said Roy Akerman, CEO and co-founder of Rezonate. He continued, “Today, we are changing that. Rezonate’s Identity Storyline puts identity at the center, enabling security teams to quickly understand and operate controls, automatically remove excessive privileges and gaps, and stop identity threats across the complete identity journey and wherever access is provided.”
One of the strategic advantages of Rezonate’s ITDR technology is that it is designed to be proactive, rather than reactive. It employs intelligent automation to respond quickly to threats, reducing the response time. This enables businesses to lower their risk exposure significantly, preventing costly data breaches before they can occur.
Rezonate’s strategic advantage lies in its leadership team’s cybersecurity, identity management, analytics, machine learning, and AI expertise. This experience gives them a unique defense position against the ever-evolving threat landscape. The platform also offers an array of features, such as automated detection of malicious behavior across multiple accounts; real-time alerting of suspicious activity; granular control of privileged access; automated investigation capabilities; and comprehensive reporting for compliance purposes.
The combination of these features allows organizations to quickly detect potential threats before they can cause damage or disruption. Additionally, the platform enables organizations to respond quickly to incidents by providing detailed information about each event so that defenders can take appropriate action promptly.
According to Rezonate’s recent press release, its Identity-Centric Security platform and its new threat detection and response offering aim to minimize compromised identity risk faster and simpler and allow organizations to:
- Map and control the identity attack surface – Easily see and understand access behaviors, all possible attack paths, and their potential impact for every identity, human and machine, as it is created and changes across the entire IAM infrastructure, clouds, and SaaS applications.
- Monitor and remove exposure risk – Rezonate automatically mitigates identity posture risks, including excessive and toxic privileges, weak security practices, dormant accounts, and shadow admins. It correlates these risks with real-time behavior patterns and adapts access policies to and from every resource, data, and application.
- Detect identity threats in real-time – Quickly detect common and advanced identity threats with uniquely designed threat models. Uncover suspicious anomalies, detect malicious techniques across the MITRE ATT&CK framework, and identify known posture risks that materialized into active threats.
- Prioritize your most critical risk – Prioritize posture risks and active threats and avoid the burden of false positives by correlating the scope, impact, TTPs, interconnections, and critical data accessed.
- Respond fast to active attacks – Confidently take action without disrupting business operations by utilizing an arsenal of response actions such as terminating a session, resetting passwords, and removing and restricting access to identities, policies, data, resources, and applications. These actions are tailored and optimized for each identity, risk, and threat.
Rezonate’s Identity Threat Detection and Response technology is invaluable for any organization looking to stay ahead of cyber threats. With its proactive measures, it helps organizations reduce their risk exposure while providing peace of mind that their data is secure from malicious actors.
Steven Bowcut is an award-winning journalist covering cyber and physical security. He is an editor and writer for Brilliance Security Magazine as well as other security and non-security online publications. Follow and connect with Steve on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.