Data security is a major concern for businesses and individuals alike. There are a number of different ways to encrypt data, but one of the most convenient is to use an encrypted flash drive. iStorage recently provided Brilliance Security Magazine with a datAshur SD encrypted flash drive to test and review. We found that the device lived up to all of iStorage’s claims. It was easy to use and effectively prevented access to our data.
The iStorage datAshur SD is a PIN-authenticated, hardware-encrypted, USB Type-C flash drive designed to incorporate removable iStorage microSD Cards with capacities ranging from 32GB to 1TB.
Rather than incorporating fixed memory, the datAshur SD is designed with an integrated microSD Card slot making it a unique, ultra-secure, and cost-effective solution that enables users to use one drive with as many iStorage microSD Cards as required.
So, why should you choose the iStorage datAshur SD over other USB flash drives on the market? Here are just a few reasons that I could think of:
- Ultimate security: With PIN authentication datAshur SD encrypts all data using a FIPS PUB 197 AES 256-bit validated encryption algorithm and is secured to military standards. In addition, the device incorporates a Common Criteria EAL5+ certified secure microprocessor and has a FIPS 140-3 Level 3 compliant, tamper proof, and evident design.
- Cost-effective: With its integrated microSD Card slot, the iStorage datAshur SD is a cost-effective solution for those who need to store large amounts of data.
- Flexible storage: The iStorage datAshur SD allows you to store as much or as little data as you need with its removable iStorage microSD Cards.
- Easy to use: The iStorage datAshur SD is easy to use – simply plug it into your computer’s USB port and enter your PIN code to access your data.
- Portability: The iStorage datAshur SD is small and lightweight, making it easy to take with you on the go.
The iStorage datAshur SD is a reliable and straightforward way to store sensitive data. The only hiccup I encountered when testing was during the first-time-use admin PIN setup process. The instructions, while not complicated, include several steps, such as push this button and watch for these lights, then do something else that I found a little cumbersome. The instructions were accurate and detailed but, at least for me, took some concentration to perform correctly. It took me two tries. Overall, the iStorage datAshur SD is an excellent option for those looking for an easy way to keep their data safe.
The datAshur SD came packaged nicely and neatly, giving a professional feel. After opening the package, it was obvious that it wasn’t moving around or shaking during delivery which is always nice. I felt like I was involved in an “unboxing,” not just opening the box.
We didn’t run any tests on the device, nor have we used it long. Still, from my experience so far, I can confidently recommend the iStorage datAshur SD flash drive to anyone that wants an easy-to-use, portable, and most of all, flexible encrypted flash drive.